I hear from moms and dads and kids a lot (a lot) that they have great cameras, but don’t really know how to use them. So, if you & your son or daughter find yourselves in this group (and let’s be honest, plenty of us do), I invite you to join me for a fun & casual workshop wherein I will teach you how to get off “Auto”.
It’s more than just a moms & cameras, or dads & cameras workshop. I want you to bring your kids with you. This is something over which you can find common ground, a shared interest…let them put you in the hot seat in front of the camera for a change…take some time to enjoy some time together…having fun and learning something new!
Kids grow up too fast and we, as parents, of course want to memorialize that growth. But, they should also be given the freedom and creative outlet to capture their lives as they see them.
This two-hour workshop will teach you how to really make the most of your camera and give you the confidence to get off Auto and start taking more creative control of your photographs. Groups are limited to 8 participants to ensure plenty of personalized instruction.
Summer will be over before you know it and a whole new school year, with new adventures, will be upon us. Both parents & kids can learn how to capture those milestones from their unique points of view.
What This Workshop Will Teach
– Fundamentals of the exposure triangle
– Compositional rules to strengthen your photographs
– Basic gear: the “must haves” and the “I’d really like to haves”
– Easily applicable ways to work with light, identifying the focus of an image, and recognizing photographic opportunities
– Learning to photograph stories rather than static images.
What You Will Receive
– Approximately one hour of instruction time, with workshop workbook provided
– Approximately 45 minutes of shooting time to put your new knowledge to into action. You will work with your son or daughter to practice the skills you just learned. You will receive direct individualized feedback from me while shooting.
– 15 to 20 minute Q&A period
What You Need to Bring
– Your camera & user manual (please preview the manual ahead of time to ensure basic operation)
– Your son and/or daughter
As a way to help kickstart the school year on a positive note, with a boost of confidence from newfound skills, this first run of the workshop will be offered at the introductory price of $75 per person. It’s the perfect way to spend one of the last days of summer with your kids, doing something fun and creative! This workshop is limited to 8 participants, so be sure to sign up early!
READY TO SNAG A SPOT FOR YOU & YOUR PARTNER-IN-CRIME FOR THE MOM & ME CAMERA WORKSHOP? CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME AND RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY! I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU NEXT MONTH!